Programming Volunteers Wanted
Have you ever wondered how the programming works at an international film festival? Are you a film nerd that loves nothing more than spending a couple of hours every week watching short films? Join the Show Me Shorts programing team! Help us to select the best short films in the world! We’re now recruiting volunteers to watch short films submitted to the 2020 festival.
To join our volunteer team of programmers you don’t have to work in the film industry. We are looking for film lovers, who have seen a lot of movies of any type. If you’re passionate about cinema, we want you.
We’re looking for humans of all ages, genders, cultural and religious backgrounds, so don’t be afraid to apply. Full training will be provided. If you have a healthy appetite for movies and an interest in short films particularly that is the main prerequisite.
Here are the dates you need to be available to attend our programming meetings, which are usually held in our Grey Lynn office in Auckland:
- Sat 7 March 2-4pm – Programmer Training
- Tue 31 March 6-8pm – Programming Meeting
- Tue 21 April 6-8pm – Programming Meeting
- Tue 12 May 6-8pm – Programming Meeting
- Tue 16 June 6-8pm – Programming Meeting
- Tue 7 July 6-8pm – Programming Meeting
- Tue 14 July 6-8pm – Programming Meeting
- Tue 21 July 6-8pm – Programming Meeting
- Sat 25 July – Final Selection Programming Meeting
- Sun 26 July – Final Selection Programming Meeting
Please note that the watching of films takes place solo in the comfort of your own home, by logging in to our entry platform online. So you will need to have access to a computer, with good headphones or speakers. You will need to commit to watching a minimum of ten films per week, which takes about two hours. Meetings are additional.
If you are interested in taking part, please complete your details here to tell us a bit about yourself before Monday 2 March 2020. We’ll be in touch to invite you to join us if we think it’s a good match.