Italian Short Film Night
Buona sera! Get cosy with a night of Italian cinema. We are proud to present a collection of six top Italian short films, provided thanks to the Centro Nazionale del Cortometraggio / Italian Short Film Center.
When: 7pm, Tuesday 15 August
Where: The Kingslander, 470 New North Road, Kinglsand, Auckland
Tickets: $10 cash at the door
This date coincides with the Italian national festival and the public holiday of Ferragosto – a perfect occasion to come together and watch Italian shorts. Here is the list of films:
- Buffet – directed by Alessandro D’ambrosi and Santa De Santis: What happens to the supposedly refined upper class when the buffet table opens? An hilarious parody of the ensuing assault.
- L’Ultima Orazione (The Last Eulogy) – directed by Gustav Baldassini: A dark comedy about a funeral home director who launches a new service for the families of the departed – to enhance and embellish the memory left by loved ones.
- Gibberish – directed by Nathalie Biancheri: After a year of absence a daughter returns home for Christmas to find that the communication barrier with her mother is too tall to breach.
- Amira – directed by Luca Lepone: A mysterious dance is performed in the middle of a busy street, triggering memory and a connection that stretches across the globe.
- La Viaggiatrice (The Traveler) – directed by Davide Vigore: A caregiver at the home of an elderly lady relives the same routine day after day, agonizingly waiting for something or someone to change things. In the evening, after putting the old woman to bed, she takes refuge in a small room full of big dreams.
- Agata – directed by Giacomo Boeri: The life of a solitary 40-year-old taxidermist is interrupted by the accidental arrival of mysterious metal cylinder that has the potential to change everything.
This is an informal and fun event, and all are welcome. The films are rated M – Violence & offensive language (suitable for mature audiences aged 16yrs+). Children under 18yrs must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
There will be food and drinks available at the bar.
There is an EFTPOS machine on-site. No pre-booking is required, just show up.