French Short Film Night Wellington
Show Me Shorts, Alliance Française Wellington and Alliance Française French Film Festival present a night of French short films. Join us to celebrate the cinema of France with a diverse selection of animation, drama, trains and swimming pools.
When: 7pm, Thursday 20 September
Tickets: $15 (cash door sales only available if not sold out prior)Buy tickets here
There are seven short films by top French filmmakers:
- TGV directed by Émilie Noblet
- Le Moine et le Poisson (The Monk and the Fish) directed by Michael Dudok de Wit
- Petite Lumiere (Little Light) directed by Alain Gomis
- Les Oiseaux-Tonnerre (Thunderbirds) directed by Léa Mysius
- La Bergère Qui Danse (The Dancing Shepherdess) directed by Michel Ocelot
- Foutaises (Jive) directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet
- Molii directed by Mourad Boudaoud, Carine May, Yassine Qnia, Hakim Zouhani
This is an informal and fun event, and all are welcome. The screening takes place in the upstairs function room at The Third Eye. All films screen in the French language with English subtitles. Total run time is approx 80 minutes. No allocated seating, so first in best dressed. The bar will be open with food and drink available for purchase.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, just your name and email confirmation is fine.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Parking lot and street parking is available.
Will there be door sales?
Previous events have sold out online before the night so it is recommended to prebook. If online sales do not sell out there may be limited door sales. Doorsales are cash only.
Special thanks to Institute Française for proving the films.