Entries now open for the 2014 festival!
We’re excited to announce the opening of our doors to entries for the 2014 festival and look forward to bringing another amazing round of short films to cinemas throughout New Zealand again this November. Please see our entries page for more details, the FAQ if you still have questions, or submit directly using Withoutabox if you are ready to go.
Not convinced yet?
Here are some reasons why you should enter Show Me Shorts if you have a great short film:
- We have great prizes on offer including CASH.
- We can help you reach an audience all around New Zealand – from Wellington to Whitianga, Matakana to Oamaru. This year we’re adding Hamilton too.
- We are Academy Awards accredited and IMDB qualifying. That is credibility right there baby!
- We offer sales and programming opportunities outside of our festival. When your film is selected for Show Me Shorts the opportunities don’t stop there. We also recommend programmes of short films to other local and international festivals and events, and act as a sales agent (with your permission) to sell shorts to TV channels, VOD sites and other outlets. Some of those deals even have CASH attached to them.
- We love what we do. We love short films and filmmakers. The festival is a charitable trust run by volunteers, so we are definitely not in it for the money, and only partly for the glamour.
- We love our audience and that feeling’s mutual. The snazzy pink wordle pictured above shows what 2013 festival goers told us they loved about Show Me Shorts in our survey. We’re happy to see words like ‘variety’, ‘quality’ and ‘opportunity’ featured big.